BBQ Roundup and University of Iowa Community Credit Union Present
Battle of the Bands
Saturday, May 19, 2018 1:00 p.m.
Club 5 in the U.S. Cellular Center
- 12 bands will be selected to participate in the Battle of the Bands. To be eligible for consideration, participating bands must have at least four band members and be available to perform on Saturday, May 19, 2018 as well as either Friday, June 22, 2018 or Saturday, June 23, 2018.
- Bands must play family-appropriate content without explicit lyrical content.
- To be considered for the main competition on Saturday, May 19th, participants must submit a video containing a performance of one original song and one cover song.
- Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
- Selected bands will be revealed Friday, April 27, 2018.
- Competition will take place Saturday, May 19, 2018 starting at 1:00 p.m.
- Each participating band will be given a 30-minute timeslot.
- Timeslots will be selected by a random draw.
- Participants must play at least one original song as well as at least one cover song.
- Winners will be selected by 50% judges scoring and 50% public vote at the event
- Three judges will use a 10-point scale to judge participants in five categories with the average total score accounting for half of the bands final score.
- Stage presence
- Appropriate content
- Popular vote will account for half of the bands final score. Votes will only be accepted by patrons in attendance during the competition on Saturday, May 19, 2018. Votes can be cast at any time during the Battle of the Bands competition.
- The winning bands will be announced after the votes are tallied and scores are tabulated at the conclusion of the event.
- First Place – will advance to play live at BBQ Roundup on Saturday, June 23rd from 8:00 – 10:30 p.m. and a $2000 cash prize.
- Second Place – will advance to play live at BBQ Roundup on Friday, June 22nd from 8:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. and a $1500 cash prize.
- Third Place – will advance to play live at BBQ Roundup on Saturday, June 23rd from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. and a $1000 cash prize.