The Cedar Rapids BBQ Roundup invites local artists and community members to submit artwork for the 2018 BBQ Roundup logo contest to celebrate our 30th year anniversary.
CONCEPT OF COMPETITION
This logo will become the visual identification for the Cedar Rapids BBQ Roundup and shall be the property of Cedar Rapids BBQ Roundup, McGrath Amphitheatre and VenuWorks of Cedar Rapids, LLC. Selected artwork will be adapted to create marketing assets as needed and determined by the owning organizations.
The Cedar Rapids BBQ Roundup, presented by University of Iowa Community Credit Union and produced by VenuWorks of Cedar Rapids, is in its 30th year of operation and is considered to be one of the longest running ribfests in the country.
This year, the four day event will run from June 21-June 24, 2018. More than 20,000 people are expected to take part in this festival, affiliated with the Freedom Festival celebration.
RULES OF COMPETITION
- Submit original artwork. The work must be original. Consideration should be given to simple reproduction capabilities to a number of media processes. Artwork must be able to be reproduced. BBQ Roundup reserves the right to adjust reproduction art for optimum reproducibility to a variety of visual processes.
- The artwork can be in full color and easily changed into a one color logo.
- Adaptable design to t-shirts, bags etc.
- Competition is restricted to Iowa residents only.
- Artwork or design must incorporate original ideas of the artist. Additionally, because the artwork will receive widespread exposure, it is strongly suggested that the design not be a close derivative of an existing piece.
- Employees of the U.S. Cellular Center, VenuWorks of Cedar Rapids L.L.C., participating sponsors, their immediate families and household members are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate.
- The artist agrees to indemnify and hold harmless U.S. Cellular Center, City of Cedar Rapids, VenuWorks of Cedar Rapids L.L.C., from and against any damages or losses sustained as a result of any design which is not original.
In designing your entry, please keep in mind that the BBQ logo will be used for promotional purposes. In choosing the winning design, the judges will consider the following:
- Does the artwork or design capture the excitement and festive nature of the celebrate our 30 year anniversary.
- Is the artistic execution strong? Is the piece aesthetically pleasing?
- Will the design adapt well and allow for expedient and economical reproduction to use on t-shirts, posters and other formats, as well as print and broadcast advertising?
- Is the artistic approach fresh and unique?
- To the best of the judges knowledge, is the design original and not a close derivative of an existing design?
Entries will be judged by BBQ Roundup organizers.
AWARDS: The winning artist will receive a $500 cash prize.
- To be eligible to win the $500 cash award must be 18 years of age or older and reside in the state of Iowa at the time of the competition.
- Entry submitted must be original artwork or design. Artists may enter more than one design.
- Entry should be a digital jpg.
Complete the entry form and upload a jpg. of your design.
Entries must be received no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Winner will be announced Wednesday May 2 at the University of Iowa Community Credit Union 716 A Ave NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401.
Once winner has been notified and announced, winner will need to provide native file to Cedar Rapids BBQ Roundup.