Please see Box Office Information for questions concerning Box Office hours and location, accepted methods of payment, points of purchase, Will Call procedures, age requirements, and exchanges/refund/cancellation policies.
How do I find out about events at the McGrath Amphitheatre?
Your primary information source for the latest event details is right here on our website. Call 319-362-1729 which is the U.S. Cellular Center Box Office and inquire. You may register your e-mail address with us on our homepage to receive e-mail event updates and event announcements. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Where do I park when I attend an event and is there a cost to park?
Parking is available around the McGrath Amphitheatre. For more information check out the Parking section of our site.
Will I have a seat to sit in?
The McGrath Amphitheatre is able to offer a variety of seating configurations that may utilize a combination of reserved seating and general admission areas. Please reference the seating chart for the event you wish to attend to confirm its layout. Chairs are provided for tickets purchased in the reserved Orchestra, Terrace and Lawn sections. Patrons will have no need to bring in their own lawn chairs for tickets purchased in these areas. Patrons will only need to bring in their own lawn chairs if tickets are purchased as General Admission Lawn. Tickets for a General Admission Pit will be standing room only where chairs and blankets are not permitted.
We encourage all patrons that are unsure of their seating arrangements to please call the Box Office at (319) 362-1729.
I’ve never been to the McGrath Amphitheatre. When I get there can someone direct me around?
Yes, our event staff is trained to make your visit safe and enjoyable. They are easy to find because they are positioned throughout the facility and will be wearing identifiable clothing. Don’t hesitate to ask them for assistance whenever necessary.
What time do doors open for an event?
For concerts, doors generally open one hour before the start of the event. This information will generally be posted on the web site.
Can I bring my camera to concerts?
Camera policies can vary according to each concert. Disposable and non-professional cameras are generally allowed. This is a show specific policy as determined by the artist. Please call 319-362-1729 the week of the show to confirm policy. Audio and video recording equipment is not allowed.
Will there be an ATM available?
ATMs provided are available for most events. Please ask a staff member for the nearest one when visiting the venue.
Will beer and other alcoholic beverages be on sale for events?
Yes, these beverages will be on sale at age appropriate events to those adults 21 years of age and older with proper ID.
What items may I bring into the McGrath Amphitheatre?
- Purses (may be subject to search)
- Cameras according to the policy above
- Ponchos/Rain Coats if weather dictates
- Blankets (please see “Will I have a seat to sit in?“)
- Bagged Lawn Chairs (please see “Will I have a seat to sit in?“)
Please note: Due to artist restrictions, some items listed above may not be allowed for certain shows. Please call (319) 362-1729 for show specific restrictions the week of the show.
What items are not allowed inside McGrath Amphitheatre?
Prior to entering amphitheatre gates, all patrons will be subject to security screening, which can include metal detector screening and inspection of bags or other items carried in. By tendering a ticket and entering the amphitheatre you consent to such searches and waive any related claims that you might have against the amphitheatre landlord, or their agents. If you elect not to consent to the searches, you will be denied entry into the amphitheatre.
- Face masks and face paint
- Weapons of any kind; including but not limited to knives, guns, box cutters, pocket knives, blades, tools, mace, pepper spray, brass knuckles, stun guns, handcuffs, sticks, clubs, batons, explosives, and anything else the McGrath Amphitheatre deems unacceptable
- Cameras with detachable lenses (varies by show)
- Computers, laptops or tablets
- Video or audio recording devices
- Selfie sticks or telescopic devices
- Laser pointers, laser products or flashlights
- Any outside food or beverages
- Alcoholic beverages, drugs, illegal substances or paraphernalia
- Cans, bottles, flasks, coolers or other similar containers
- Backpacks, large bags, suitcases or sealed packages
- Animals (except service animals)
- Large umbrellas
- Balloons, beach balls or any other inflatable items
- Noise makers (including air horns, drums, whistles, etc)
- Fireworks or any other incendiary devices
- Flag poles or any support frames for banners/signs
- Large signs, flags, banners, posters or pamphlets
- Skateboards, roller skates, roller blades, skate shoes or bicycles
- Drones or any other model aircraft
- Hazardous items (chemicals, paints, fuels, etc)
- Strollers are not permitted into the seating areas
- Any other items deemed unacceptable by the McGrath Amphitheatre
No Re-Entry Permitted
All guests are subject to search. In the event that prohibited items are revealed during the search, the guest will be permitted to dispose of the item or return it to their vehicle. All alcohol, illegal drugs or paraphernalia will be confiscated, guests will be denied entry and the Cedar Rapids Police Department will be notified. The McGrath Amphitheatre will not safeguard any personal belongings or items of any type.
The McGrath Amphitheatre reserves the right to confiscate any prohibited items and/or escort the guest from the grounds.
What does Limited/Obstructed View mean?
Artist production elements may require equipment to be placed on the wings of the stage, creating potential sight line obstructions for viewing the center of the stage from these designated areas. Side general admission lawn areas outside of the main reserved seating area may be affected and are labeled “Limited/Obstructed View”
Why are umbrellas not permitted?
To ensure the safety and enjoyment for all patrons, umbrellas are not permitted in the venue as they may be used either as a weapon and can block the view of other patrons behind you. Ponchos or rain coats are encouraged if you are concerned about the weather.
What if it rains?
All events at McGrath Amphitheatre are Rain or Shine and all ticket sales are final.
Can I bring in water on hot days?
The McGrath Amphitheatre does not allow outside food or drink. If a heat advisory is issued on an event day, the McGrath Amphitheatre provides free water cooler stations for all patrons and staff.
How do I book an event at the McGrath Amphitheatre?
To book an event at the McGrath Amphitheatre, please contact Mike Silva, Assistant Executive Director by phone at (319) 731-4545 or by email at email@example.com.